Lodge 5 Quart L8DD3
|Cookware Surface||Cast iron|
|Induction Stovetop Compatible||Yes|
During our thorough research, we have read hundreds of reviews from real buyers. This is what most people think of Lodge 5 Quart L8DD3:
5 reasons to buy Lodge 5 Quart L8DD3
- Most users are raving about this robust dutch oven, as they consider it one of the best on the market.
- Lodge manufactures its cast iron dutch ovens on their own factory in the US, which most buyers consider an important quality in itself.
- This dutch oven comes with a domed lid, making it suitable for most things, including baking.
- The size is deemed perfect by must users for small households, that want to cook meals for one or more days at a time.
- It is solely made from cast iron, meaning it will last a lifetime if treated and cared for properly.
5 reasons not to buy Lodge 5 Quart L8DD3
- Most users think the surface is quite rough, and it takes a few extra seasonings to get a proper non stick surface.
- Some users noticed a smell of iron while cooking in this dutch oven.
- A few buyers recommend to inspect the received dutch oven before initial use, as the ones they received leaked during cooking, due to cracks in the bottom or sides.
- Some users received a dutch oven that was chipped one or more places.
- Though it is pre seasoned from factory, some buyers received a dutch oven that had rust on it.
Lodge is one of the few cast iron brands, that are still made in their own factory in the US, and most users consider this a sign of quality, due to the general standards being more strict compared with some other countries. The 5 Quart L8DD3 dutch oven does indeed receive lots of positive reviews from thousands of buyers, further confirming the quality level of this product. It works very well for all purposes, and if properly treated, it can last a lifetime. The size is perfect for a small to normal sized household, however the surface is quite rough, which is normal for Lodge products. What’s not normal, though, are cracks and chipped edges, which some buyers experiences while unpacking it or using it first time. It is therefore recommended to carefully inspec the dutch oven for cracks and chipped edges before initial use, to make sure it works properly. All in all, the Lodge 5 Quart L8DD3 dutch oven is a great product at a great price.
Our Take On Lodge 5 Quart L8DD3
Read more about Lodge 5 Quart L8DD3 at the official website